Submit a film
We would love to see your film!
If you are interested in submitting a film, please contact Submit@8BillionLives.com and we’ll send you more specifics on what we need from you.
To give you a general idea, we believe the ‘day in the life’ format is a powerful one, and we also want our viewers to be able to make comparisons across films. To facilitate this, we’d like you to follow a few guidelines:
Your film should…
- Be a documentary portraying a single individual, i.e. not a group
- Be between 4-7 min long (unless agreed to otherwise with us)
- Cover the subject’s morning, afternoon and evening (if you’d like, you can spread out the shooting over multiple days)
- Include at least 4 out of our 6 ‘Building Blocks’ below
The building blocks…
We’d like to see the subject:
- Engaging in a recreational activity
- Engaging in a professional activity
- Eating or preparing a meal
- Engaging in a transaction of some kind
- Meaningfully interacting with another person
- Discussing long-term goals, dreams, etc…
Films must not contain (unless agreed to by 8BL): intense or persistent violence, profanity, or drug/alcohol abuse; sexually-oriented nudity, explicit sexual content.